The Australian Government has passed legislation for the $1,500 per fortnight JobKeeper support payment for eligible employers, sole traders and other business owners amid the coronavirus.
Key Action Points
- Check your eligibility for JobKeeper payments. Note Employers, Sole Traders & Other Business owners (Company Directors/Shareholders and Trust beneficiaries) are all potentially eligible.
- Employers confirm your eligible
- Ensure all eligible employees receive at least $1,500 per fortnight for all fortnights commencing 30 March 2020 and ending 27 September 2020, for which you wish to be reimbursed the $1,500 JobKeeper payment from the ATO.
- Make sure you are registered and understand the steps required to be completed prior to the anticipated enrolment date of 20 April onwards.
- The one-off extended deadline for the first two fortnights (30 March-12 April & 13 April-26 April) is 30 April. This means if you wish to be eligible for the first two fortnights of the JobKeeper payment you need to have paid your eligible employees at least $3,000 each in April on or before 30th April.
If you are uncertain about eligibility or need assistance with any of the above matters, we strongly recommend you contact us as soon as possible.
JobKeeper Key Dates (as at 15 April, 2020) are as follows
- JobKeeper program enrolments open in the Business Portal
- ONCE-OFF DEADLINE: Eligible Employee Payments (For first two Fortnights 30/3 to 12/4 and 13/4 to 26/4)
- Confirmation of eligible employees commences
Enrolments will be open from April 20 onwards
- This process will be completed using the Business Portal and MyGovID
- If you want to be entitled to JobKeeper payments for the month of April, then you must enrol by 30 April. In the online form, you will provide your bank details and indicate if you are claiming an entitlement based on business participation, for example if you are a sole trader.
- For April payments you will also specify the estimated number of employees who will be eligible for the first JobKeeper fortnight (30 March – 12 April) and the second JobKeeper fortnight (13 April – 26 April).
Jobkeeper Payment – Frequently Asked Questions click here.
If you have any questions or would like to organise a phone meeting with your Accountant to apply for the Jobkeeper Payment please contact us.