JobKeeper Key Dates:
- 4 January 2021 – the JobKeeper extension 2 starts and the payment rates change for your eligible employees, eligible religious practitioners and eligible business participants. See payment rates.
- Between 4 January 2021 and 28 January 2021 – complete the December business monthly declaration (this is an extension of two weeks past the usual due date of the 14th day of each month).
- By 31 January 2021 – new entities enrolling for JobKeeper will need to enrol and submit their ‘Check decline in turnover’ form to the ATO. See actual decline in turnover test.
- 31 January 2021 – for JobKeeper fortnights 21 and 22 only (from 4 January 2021 and 18 January respectively 2021), the ATO are allowing employers until 31 January 2021 to pay their employees (meet the wage condition).
You May Still be Eligible to Register for JobKeeper 2.0
If you are enrolling for the JobKeeper Payment for the first time, you will need to complete the following actions by 31 January 2021:
- Enrol for the JobKeeper Payment (be aware that it may take up to 3 days to process before you can submit your decline in turnover form and identify your eligible employees).
- Submit your decline in turnover form.
- Identify your eligible employees or business participant and confirm whether the tier 1 (higher) or tier 2 (lower) payment rate applies to them.
To download the Extension of the JobKeeper fact sheet – click here.
If you have any questions or would like to organise a meeting with an Accountant to enrol for the JobKeeper payment, please contact us.