Retirement is for pursuing forgotten passions, taking a well-deserved holiday (if that’s what you’re into) and having the time to do what you love.
Preparing for retirement and golden years doesn’t have to be a burden and shouldn’t be something to put off. The sooner we plan for our retirement, the more likely we’ll reap the rewards.
Talking to a Gold Coast Accountant about retirement dreams and plans, regardless of your current financial situation will help you feel confident about your finances for retirement.
If you’re over 55 and feel retirement is drawing near (or at least you hope it is), read more from Crest Accountants to find out all you need to know.
The changing setting of Australian retirement
Australians are a diverse array of nationalities, cultures, family dynamics and employment situations.
The way that retirement was thought of in previous generations is vastly different from today.
- We’re living longer,
- The cost of living is rising at a faster rate than wages,
- Both men and women are nearly equally presented in the workforce, and
- The pension eligibility age is increasing.
An early retirement after a long, hard-earned career is a choice for some Australians, but not for all.
That’s why it’s important to consult with your Gold Coast Accountant to plan your finances as you grow closer to retirement.
Overcoming retirement challenges with a Gold Coast Accountant
There are many things in our life to think about, which may impact our retirement plans.
Some important questions to ask yourself are
- Am I/will I be caring for my elderly parents in the future?
- Will I be financially supporting my children longer than expected?
- Do I have any large debts to consolidate before my retirement?
- What happens if the market crashes and as a result your superannuation balance goes down?
- Would you be relying solely on a partner’s retirement plan or Centrelink when other options are available?
With all these circumstances to think about and situations we find ourselves in, a comfortable retirement plan may seem out of reach. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
When you plan for your retirement with a Gold Coast Accountant, you’ll have the strategies to work toward the financial retirement dreams you desire. It’s not too late.
Financial planning for over 55s with a Gold Coast Accountant
Planning for retirement should be an exciting time, as we move on to the next chapter of our lives.
While international holiday plans are on hold for the foreseeable future, Crest Accountants are open and ready to help.
At Crest Accountants, we:
- Understand you have worked hard for your retirement,
- Will make your financial and retirement planning worry-free and simplified, and
- Know it’s never too early (or too late) to plan for your retirement.
Whether you’re over 55 and dreaming of retirement, or not quite sure if you’re ready – we’re here to work with you towards your goals.
Find your passion and new-found freedom, keep the dream of a comfortable retirement alive with financial planning and personalised accounting services for over 55s from Crest Accountants.
Contact Crest Accountants today for financial planning to put the wheels in motion for a financially fruitful future.