Is your business receiving the Jobkeeper Payment? Read on to find out how to continue staying eligible for the payment.
Each month you must complete a business declaration to remain eligible for JobKeeper Payments. You must do this in the first 14 days after the month you are claiming for. Your Accountant can also make the monthly declaration on your behalf.
The ATO will ask you to reconfirm the business participant details and your eligible employees. You will also need to provide the ATO with information about your current and projected turnover.
The information you provide regarding your turnover is not a retest of your eligibility. The ATO needs to see how your business is progressing under the JobKeeper Payment scheme.
If your eligible employees change or leave your employment, you will need to amend your employee information through your monthly declaration.
Before you make your declaration
- Make sure you have current and next month’s projected turnover ready to enter.
- Make sure you have paid your eligible employees at least $1,500 (before tax) for each JobKeeper fortnight you are claiming for.
- If you need to make changes to the employees you are claiming JobKeeper payments for, use the same method you used in Step 2 – Identify and maintain your eligible employees by:
- making the changes in your STP pay event report and lodge, allowing three days for the changes to process
- lodging an updated JobKeeper report using the Business Portal File transfer function and allow three days for the report to process
- having any updates to your eligible employees ready to enter into the Business Portal.
Make your declaration
To make a business declaration each month:
Log in to the Business Portal using myGovID
- view the COVD-19 screen and select Step 3 – Business monthly declaration for JobKeeper payment
- reconfirm your reported eligible employees and business participant where applicable
- if you need to update details for eligible employees or the eligible business participant, select ‘Maintain employees’
- provide your business’ current month and next month’s projected month GST turnover
- reconfirm your financial institution details for receiving JobKeeper payments.
If you have any questions or would like to organise a phone meeting with an Accountant to help with your monthly obligations for the Jobkeeper Payment please, contact us.
Disclaimer: This blog post is intended to provide a general summary only; the information should not be relied on as a substitute for professional advice.