The Business Basics Grant provides small businesses with funding to help them increase their core skills and adopt best practice.
- Open date: 31 May 2021
- Application detail: Applications close 30 June 2021, or when sufficient applications have been received for a competitive assessment, whichever occurs first.
- What do you get? A single up-front fixed grant payment of $5,000.
- Who is this for? Queensland small businesses.
The grant money can be used for the following:
Training and coaching
- Business development, marketing, human resources or business planning topics
- Training or coaching
Website build or upgrades
- Website build or upgrade (including website refresh)
- Adding e-commerce
- Developing new website content
Professional business advice
- Business plans
Strategic marketing services
- Strategic marketing plans including search engine optimisation advice
Business continuity and succession
- Business continuity or succession plans
- Cybersafety training and tools
What are the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible, your business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees (by head count) at the time of applying for the grant
- have an active Australian business number (ABN) and be registered for goods and services tax (GST)
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have a turnover of $300,000 or less for the current financial year
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
The applying business must be able to provide the following supporting documentation:
- a certified statutory declaration from the business’ owner or director stating the business: has an expected turnover of $300,000 or less for the current financial year and meets all grant eligibility criteria; and
- supplier quotes (no more than 2) detailing description and costs of services, who will undertake the activity, and an outline of key activities.
Check your eligibility – click here.
How to apply
You must complete an online application in SmartyGrants. Applying is completely free.
You will need to register for a DESBT SmartyGrants applicant account before applying (if you don’t have one already). The application form will be made available on 31 May 2021.
For more information about the Business Basic Grant please click here.
Download Business Basic Grants Guidelines – click here.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this news post is general in nature and is intended to provide a general summary only and should not be relied on as a substitute for professional advice.