At Crest Accountants, our highest priority is the health and well-being of our people, our clients and our community. Our response measures to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) are aligned with the advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health.
17 March 2020
Our people have been advised when in and out side of the workplace to follow the appropriate methods outlined by Queensland Health to help stop the spread of the virus by:
- Cleaning hands regularly with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs (Crest Accountants have made hospital grade hand sanitiser available to all staff and visitors when on-site).
- Covering nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoiding touching face, nose and mouth. And avoiding shaking hands.
- Staying home if feeling unwell.
- Avoiding contact with anyone who is unwell – staying 1.5m away from anyone coughing or sneezing.
Our people will need to work from home for 14 days and seek medical clearance before they can return to the office if they:
- Are returning to Australia from any overseas location.
- Have had close contact with someone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Have symptoms of COVID-19 (a cough, high temperature, shortness of breath).
- Have been living in a household with a confirmed case – the 14 days starts after the other householder’s symptoms have gone.
Our people will need to stay away from the office if they have any flu-like symptoms or are feeling unwell.
- Our people have been asked to report any international or domestic travel to our directors.
Clients and visitors who have symptoms or who have travelled abroad in the last 14 days are being asked to conduct meetings by phone or video conference, rather than face-to-face.
Our people have been advised if they have meetings planned with clients and visitors who will be impacted by the process, to make alternative arrangements to avoid people coming to our office and being asked to leave.
Crest Accountants is conducting ongoing and real time reviews to determine if additional measures are needed.