With the announcement today that the SEQ lockdown will be extended until Sunday August 8. The Palaszczuk Government will provide $5,000 payments to small and medium businesses across Queensland affected by the current COVID-19 lockdown and lockdowns in other states.
- Available grant funding of $5,000 (excluding GST) for small/medium businesses
- Providing cash flow support (can be used for business expenses)
- Business turnover of more than $75k
- Annual Qld payroll < $10million
- At least a 30% reduction in turnover as a result of lockdown
The grant provides support to small and medium businesses across Queensland impacted by the South East Queensland lockdown that commenced on 31 July 2021. Businesses doesn’t have to be located in South East Queensland, but they must have experienced at least a 30% reduction in turnover as a result of the lockdown.
Grants are also available for large businesses in the hospitality and tourism sector operating in the 11 local government areas in the lockdown, subject to meeting eligibility criteria.
Small and medium businesses are defined as having:
- a turnover of more than $75,000 per annum
- an annual payroll in Queensland of up to $10 million.
Local government areas subject to lockdown restrictions are:
- Brisbane City Council
- Gold Coast City Council
- Ipswich City Council
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Logan City Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Noosa Shire Council
- Redland City Council
- Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council.
Please note, more information on eligibility criteria will be available in the coming days.
How to apply
- You will need to apply online with supporting evidence. Grants will be processed in the order they are received.
- You will be paid the grant funds within 2 weeks of being notified that your application has been approved.
To find out about more about grants available for QLD businesses – click here.
Please note, more information on how to apply, including the opening date for applications, will be available in the coming days.
If you have any questions or would like to organise a phone meeting with an Accountant to apply for this grant please contact us.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this news post is general in nature and is intended to provide a general summary only and should not be relied on as a substitute for professional advice.
Information Sourced from Queensland Government