Applications for the 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants will open at 12pm, Monday 16 August 2021. All eligible businesses who apply for a grant during the 3-month application period will receive funding.
Who can apply
Small and medium businesses and not for profit organisations
To be eligible, you:
- must employ staff (employees must be on your payroll and does not include any business owners)
- have a Queensland headquarters
- must have an annual turnover of more than $75,000
- must have an annual payroll in Queensland of not more than $10 million
- must show or declare a reduction in turnover of 30% or more for a 1-week period that includes at least 1 full day of the:
- South East Queensland lockdown commencing 31 July 2021
- the Cairns and Yarrabah lockdown commencing 8 August 2021
- or any other lockdown in Queensland in August 2021.
For large tourism and hospitality businesses and not for profit organisations, to find out the eligibility criteria click here.
Not sure if you’re eligible? Check it now – click here
How to apply
You will need to apply online with supporting evidence through the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA) portal.
Supporting evidence requirement overview:
- Reduction in turnover of 30% or more (direct or indirect impact)
- Demonstrate you employ staff (in addition to the business owners and be employed on the business’s payroll).
- Annual payroll up to $10 million (except for large tourism and hospitality businesses and not for profit organisations operating in an identified tourism and hospitality sector).
- Annual turnover of over $75,000
- Trading location
Need more information? Download the 2021 Covid-19 Business Support Grants Guidelines – click here.
If you have any questions or would like to organise a meeting with an Accountant to apply for the 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grant, please contact us on 07 5538 0999.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this news post is general in nature and is intended to provide a general summary only and should not be relied on as a substitute for professional advice.